Basic Voting Information
Edina is part of...
- two congressional districts (US Congressional District 3 and 5)
- one state senate district (Minnesota District 49)
- two state house districts (Minnesota Districts 49A and 49B)
- and three school districts (Edina, Hopkins, and Richfield)
To vote you must be:
- 18 years old
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding election
- Registered to vote
You are ineligible to vote if you:
- Have not finished all parts of any felony sentence
- Are under guardianship of another person and a court order has revoked your right to vote
- Have been found by court of law to be legally incompetent
When is Election Day?
How do I vote?
- You can vote by absentee ballot either in person or by mail, starting 46 days before the election.
- You can vote on Election Day at your polling place which is located in or near your neighborhood. Most polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
What if I have to work on election day?
- Minnesota law allows you to take time to vote.
- For a complete listing of your rights as a voter, review the Voters' Bill of Rights.