LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS EDINA POSITION
Land Use / Environmental Quality
Adopted 1971; Updated 1973, 1992, 2020
LWVE advocates land use policies for the city which:
- Require consideration of environmental impact.
- Protect open lands and water resources in the City of Edina. We urge the city to exercise its powers to acquire land and regulate land use to protect water resources.
- Regulate development to facilitate efficient use of transportation systems and utilities.
- Promote communication between planning commission and community concerning pending development decisions and land use changes.
- Implement and maintain a system of bike paths and walkways.
LWVE adopts the LWVUS Position on “The Environment” which includes a statement on Climate Change.