LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS EDINA POSITION
LWVE supports public facilities in Edina which:
- Balance public interests and needs with fiscal responsibility.
- Respond to the diverse and changing needs of Edina.
- Allow for citizen involvement in their governance
Private Access To and Use of Public Facilities
Adopted May 2010
- A communications advisory body to advise the City Council and City staff on matters related to City communications.
- The City periodically commissioning statistically valid resident surveys to acquire current data on resident preferences and priorities.
- Editorial standards for City communications that reflect the priorities of the residents of Edina.
- Policies related to private access to and use of public facilities in Edina that:
- Are clearly written;
- Are clear in scope, authority, and principle;
- Arise from meaningful citizen participation;
- Reflect the community’s priorities;
- Provide for equitable access to and use of facilities;
- Provide guidelines for exceptions;
- Are readily accessible to citizens in print and electronic forms; and
- Provide guidelines for reassuring safety for all users.
- The publication of a comprehensive policy manual that is readily accessible to citizens in print and electronic forms.
- The publication and ready accessibility in print and electronic forms of detailed budgets and annual financial statements for all recreational enterprise facilities and the Communications and Marketing Department/Communications fund.
- Including budgets for all City funds in the City’s annual budget.