Adopted 1984 & updated April 2011
LWVE supports a local recycling program based on the “4 R’s”: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, React; which include:
- Active assistance for recycling all materials.
- Adequate city staff for local recycling programs.
- Household pickup of recyclables.
- An anti-scavenging ordinance to protect recyclables from being picked up by anyone other than the designated receiver.
- Regulations to require local units of government to use recycled products.
Support the establishment of organized refuse collection systems to be supervised by the city.