LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS EDINA POSITION
Adopted 1984; Updated April 2011, May 2018, May 2021
LWVE supports a local recycling and composting program based on the four Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, React, which includes:
- Active assistance for recyclables and organics, including food and yard waste.
- Adequate city staff for local recyclables and organics programs.
- Household pickup of recyclables and organics, including food and yard waste.
- An anti-scavenging ordinance to protect recyclables and organics from being picked up by anyone other than -the designated receiver.
- Regulations to require local units of government to use recycled and compostable products.
- Support the establishment of organized systems, to be supervised by the city, for the collection of refuse, recyclables and organics.
- LWVE supports the City in its public education of the new residential organics waste service pick up.