We invite you to join the League of Women Voters of Edina.
These days we are bombarded with information. Advertisement masquerade as news articles. Internet information may be reliable or bogus. Understanding government procedures and knowing what questions to ask can be challenging.
As citizens of the world, it is increasingly difficult to identity which messages are credible, and how to find balanced information on a public issue. That's where the League of Women Voters of Edina (LWVE) can help.
LWVE is respected for providing over 50 years of honest, balanced, nonpartisan information and opportunities for Edina. LWVE has:
- Hosted local candidate forums.
- Provided public forums on the federal Patriot Act, the future of electronic voting in Minnesota, and renewable energy.
- Addressed current issues at our monthly meetings, such as traffic management and development plans in our city, government finance, national security and local environmental quality.
- Provided voter registration and absentee voting information to Edina High School students.
- Offered voter registration assistance at Edina Park Plaza and Edina Library.
- Completed a local study on renewable energy that has received national attention.
- Participated in a metro-wide voter help line.
- Informed our members and community of current pending legislation and opportunities for timely citizen actions.
We now look forward to the next fifty years and rely on our members to fulfill our twin purposes of education and advocacy.
Your membership will help build a stronger community for all of us. Won't you join us?
Join the League of Women Voters of Edina
To join the League of Women Voters of Edina, please complete the form below. When you click the send button, you'll be sent to PayPal, where you can use either your PayPal account or a credit card to make the payment.