LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS EDINA POSITION
Racial Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Position Statement
Adopted May 2023
To create a more welcoming community, LWVE supports efforts to increase diversity, prioritize equity, and promote inclusion in Edina community nonprofit organizations, and advocates for:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in leaders, staff and service recipients.
- DEI statements and focused actions that include advancing DEI.
- Creation of a local resource offering information and support to community
organizations, such as demographics, model DEI statements and policies, DEI success
stories, and opportunities for ongoing collaboration.
- Removal of technical, financial, and other barriers to successful management of, or
participation in, community activities by organizations or individuals who live, work or
attend school in Edina.
- Inclusion of Edina nonprofit DEI efforts in City of Edina and Edina Public Schools
publications and events to encourage full participation by underrepresented
- Dissemination of successful DEI initiatives to the community of Edina.