LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS EDINA POSITION
City of Edina Advisory Boards and Commissions
Adopted May 2006; Updated May 2018, Survey and Report done 2020
- Codified, uniform term limits for all appointed advisory boards and commissions;
- Appointments to advisory boards and commissions that reflect the demographics of the City of Edina;
- Accurate, consistent, accessible and timely publication of:
- The purpose of advisory boards and commissions, openings on boards and commissions, and the application/appointment process;
- Advisory board and commission member names, term dates and contact information;
- City staff liaison names and contact information;
- Advisory board and commission meeting notices, agendas and minutes.
- Review by LWVE, every three years, of all advisory boards or commission appointments, application/appointment process, and publication of contact information/meeting notices/agendas/minutes. LWVE would report the findings of the review to the LWVE Board, the advisory board or commission, and the City Council within two months of completing our review.